Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Letter K #AtoZchallenge Coffee Theme

#AtoZchallenge 2018


Welcome to letter K of my Coffee Themed blogging from A to Z challenge 2018 offering.

I struggled with this. "Surely I must have tried a Kona blend!" But no, none were on my K-cup list.

And then the obvious answer hit me.



Keurig B70 Platinum Brewing System

Oh look, THERE'S the letter K!

I realized I could use K day to tell you which brewer I'm using. It goes well with the discussion from yesterday about how certain pots (Shocky) can alter the taste of coffee.

I use to work at an ad agency that had terrible coffee. My boss insisted I dump out the pot at the end of each day, and fill it with this blue liquid which was to soak overnight. Then rinse in the morning and make a new pot. We wasted a lot of coffee because that stuff was I'd call a "desperate brew." Something only to be drank if you had no other caffeine options.

There was no Keurig single cup brewing system back then.

For better or for worse, I drink a lot more coffee and hot tea than I did before I owned this. "Brew an entire pot? All for myself?" It's a commitment thing. Because, see, I feel bad then if I don't drink it. But sometimes I really do just want one cup. That's it. I'm good. And I love that this machine gives me that option.

If I want a second cup, no problem. Just toss in another pod and wait for a minute. Sites that say it takes 4 minutes to brew a cup are counting "boot up" time. I keep my maker on a timer so it's turned on during my normal beverage-brewing hours. And yes, it takes only one minute to make one cup. The only thing I need to wash afterward is my cup.

(Yes, the tank and the overflow stand and the inside cup part get washed from time to time as well, but I don't need to clean them every day/ every 8 cups. Unlike my old coffee maker.)



There are lots of single-cup brewers out there. I have this one because it was from an award catalog my husband got from work. "Pick out your anniversary present, dear," he said to me. So I did. And we've had many happy years together. (The we meaning either my Keurig and I or my husband and I. LOL.)

With my hubby at Starbucks

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: