Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Another Mealey's Furniture Post - Still No Change

I've been trying to get the couch out of them. In addition to contacting them by phone, email, website form, website “live” chat (no one is there, it says they'll get back to you, that's not live), Facebook, and Twitter, I've also started a letter writing campaign. At least a dozen friends and family members have written, by postal mail, on my behalf asking them to give me the couch I paid for already.
I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Through them, the store tried to give me a store credit. To a store that's closing and that has exactly one thing that I want.
Except they don't have it? They sell items they don't have. They tell customers it's in stock and will be there in 16 days “probably sooner since you paid cash!” Then change it to 36 days. Now they're saying 8 weeks.
I'm trying to get the couch before Thanksgiving. I orginally tried to get it before I had people coming over for other gatherings. I'm now the person who can't even buy a couch. I've got ridicule and pity from people over this. And I can't even get comfortable in my own home because that's MY spot to calm down. Beds are for sleeping. The office chair is for working. I can't calm down. I CAN'T relax. I'm in mental anguish. As if my blood pressure wasn't through the roof already! (Seriously. Last hospital visit, they weren't sure how I was alive.)
As if that's not bad enough, Mealey's is acting like I KNEW about this! As if I was informed and consented to this pain. I went to their store because another one said it'd take 3 weeks if I ordered, and I wasn't willing to wait that long. Does that sound like someone who was told it'd take 8 weeks before she paid? No! Because I wasn't! I was told 16 days (Oct 11), probably less than 5 (in Sept). LESS THAN 5.

https://www.quora.com/What-should-I-do-I-bought-a-couch-on-9-26-at-Mealeys-furniture-paid-in-cash-It-has-been-3-weeks-I-still-dont-have-an-estimated-delivery-date-Ive-emailed-called-used-the-website-form-and-tried-social-media-but-heard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: