Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Why I Write to Elected Officials

Yup. Every time I write my elected officials, someone points out that I've wasted my time because they're not interested in what anyone who isn't contributing thousands of dollars to campaigns has to say. 


And yeah, that's maybe true. 


But it isn't about them. It's about me. I've done something. I asked myself what I could do, what I am reasonably and honestly capable of doing. And then I did that. 


Maybe it won't make a difference. It probably won't. BUT I TRIED. 

I can live with myself knowing at least I tried. 

Just like voting. Maybe my one little vote is less than a 💧 drop of water in the ocean. But that's still better than not at least trying. 


No, I don't think I made a difference. I think I tried something. And if didnt work, at least I can say I tried. I made an attempt. 


Not everyone who sets out to climb Everest makes it successfully to the top and back. But everyone who ever has done this achievement TRIED.


Facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: