Wednesday, August 7, 2024

IWSG AI Take-over


Aug 2025 IWSG


https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Gscknx9omhYhbbGy



Forbes Ai article


I don't depend on AI to write. It seems unlikely that AI mastering creative endeavors will continue. The desire for AI comes from the want of humans to have our creations take over the tasks we endure out of necessity so we might have more time for activities that give us joy. We long for more culture and entertainment. (Okay... in fairness, that might be my Democratic viewpoint. I'm not a Florida Republican emptying out libraries to prevent persons under the age of 18 from reading. I believe in science, as should be obvious, because I started my answer by sharing a video from a real scientist.) 



I haven't done much writing in the last few months. My stroke made typing or holding a pen nearly impossible for a long time. I finally started thinking about writing again. Wait, no, I never stopped, I just didn't try enough to DO. I don't know. Anyway. This opening came to me:


#FirstLines
I'm awakened in the middle of the night by my husband's special ringtone. One eye open, I glance at my phone. Sure enough, it shows my husband's name and number calling me. Curious, as he's asleep beside me, and his phone is on the charger.


(Going for a scifi horror feel. Feedback welcome.)

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're on the liberal side of life and that you're starting to put words down again. Loved your first lines. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, I would definitely read further into your story after seeing that opening line. Imagining our own stories is so much more fun than handing the task to AI. Maybe you can set up something so you can dictate your stories to your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opposite viewpoint, but that's all right, there is room for all of us.
    Read the article about Gordan Reynolds. Naturally Ryan would make up something like that and funny those interviews led the to the character being named in the movie.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: