Tuesday, January 5, 2016

#boutofbooks challenge- would you rather

Would you rather:Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?

I rarely trust people enough to loan them my preciouses. The people I do trust are writers,  and therefore love books and treat them with the care that I do. Honestly, if I got a book back in either condition,  I'd just go buy a new copy. And I know what you're thinking, "but what if it was a 1st edition?" Ha ha ha- like I'd loan those of books I love. Better odds that I'd give a kidney or half my liver.

Would you rather:Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?

This question is too ambiguous. "Meet" doesn't specify anything. I "met" She-Ra at a store when I was 6 years old. Her costume wasn't accurate. She didn't know who Swiftwind was. And I "met" her after standing in line for a very long time, only to get less than 2 minutes to chat. Sure,  it was neat at age 6. But would I stand in line today to meet a comic-con version of a cartoon character? Maybe the Avengers,  but because of who they are as actors, not who they play. That's not meeting a character.

I'm going to have to go with meeting an author. Because "I was in line at the gas station behind Stephen King," still sounds interesting.

Would you rather:Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?

Tough call. "A" meaning only one, or are all of them implied? I love owning books,  so I'm going to go with the library choice,  and hope that I could still get into the two where my local Wrimos meet a few times in November.

Would you rather:Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?

Hmm... Harry Potter does, arguably, die in his book. And we see how that turned out. Game of Thrones... ha! Yet,  off the top of my head,  I can't name a favorite literary couple (that makes it). So I'll pick the break up.

Would you rather:Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?

Twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: