Sunday, November 22, 2020

Covid Takes Thanksgiving

 I wish that spending Thanksgiving with me (or any holiday, or weekend, or 5 damn minutes of any day really) mattered MORE than protesting against masks 😷 and other pandemic protocols.

Of course... me, and other disabled people like me, are a big reason for quarintening and such. Because someone like me needs to be protected. πŸ˜” And my life isn't as valuable to people as not having to quarantine. 

100,000 dead

200,000 dead

500,000

1,000,000

The whole population of the United States could die and still not be as valuable as not having to quarantine, wear a mask, or whatever other protocol. 

Love thy neighbor.

Am I not a neighbor? Am I unworthy of love because my lungs aren't as strong as most people's?

Thou shall not kill.

Spreading Covid to me would result in my death. Is preventing that death not enough reason to protest the spread, instead of protesting the protocols? 

I'm just a broken human.

And half the country πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ would prefer if I were dead. People like me, if we get Covid, we die. That makes the numbers go up. A rich, avid golfer gets Covid and survives. Proof that people like me are the problem.

Or proof that a caring society would do all it can to protect people, including those who need it most. 


Really, I just wish I were worth quarintening for, to spend a holiday with me safely. I wish I mattered that much. 


Meme from Facebook


1 comment:

  1. It is unfortunate that they were protests against precautions. A positive response to precautions would have motivated scientists and thinkers to come with better alternatives.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: