Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Beginning #AtoZChallenge

My April 2024 A to Z Challenge blogging theme is to revise a YA novel I've been working on for almost a decade and then generate a new and better query letter to send in the hopes of traditional publication.
I want to publish that way because I believe it will give the book the best distribution, especially in libraries where underrepresented young people could borrow it. The target audience is teenagers who have an incarcerated family member, teens who are treated as outcasts for situations beyond their control, and Latinas preparing for their quinceañera.
Read more in my theme reveal post: https://uniquelymaladjustedbutfun.blogspot.com/2024/03/theme-reveal-2024-atozchallenge-and-wep.html
#AtoZChallenge 2024 badge B


Lenore comes off as either unlikable or easy to identify with-- depending on how the reader did in school and how often they had to "carry" a group or suffer a lower grade.  

Lenore opening page
Feedback is needed! I'm revising, so please make suggestions if you have any. 💗

1 comment:

  1. Fun Fact- my grandmother's name is Lenore. I like the character, especially as the one who would have to be "that girl," too. No one cared the way I cared in high school. I want to know more about the last class incident. What happened? I can't wait to read this--the whole thing!

    I want to know more!
    Dori-lol- I didn't sign in, so my name didn't show up...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: