Thursday, June 14, 2018

Goal Setting Template

First, a short personal recount:

I was just working on a character sheet for a fictional story character. I have a premade template. Just pop down the list, boom boom boom. Get the the short and long term goal section (of my character, not yet of the story or whatever). Twenty minutes later, she's got ten of each. No problem. Rolled right off my fingertips.

Mini rant:

Why was it so easy to give my fictional character a pile of goals but I currently have next to none for myself??? "Don't die yet." That's pretty much it, and some subset goals that directly relate to that goal or clarify it better.

I'm going to attempt to set some goals for myself. 

Step one is creating this template.
Step two is publishing this post, which will encourage me to come back to fill out the template (later post). 

types of goals image
Credit: James Doyle of Jamso

Health-

Physical

Short term:

Long term:

Mental

Short term:

Long term:


Relationships-

Friends

Short term:

Long term:

Love

Short term:

Long term:

Family

Short term:

Long term:

Animals

Short term:

Long term:


Wealth-

In the next 10 weeks


By January 2025


By January 2050



Hobbies-

Interests

Short term:

Long term:


Arts

Short term:

Long term:


Time Passing

Short term:

Long term:


Education -

Learning

Short term:

Long term:


Study/ Career- 

Sharing

Short term:

Long term:

Contribution

Short term:

Long term:

Community- 

Local

Short term:

Long term:

Regional

Short term:

Long term:

National

Short term:

Long term:

Global

Short term:

Long term:


Purpose-

Philosophy

Short term:

Long term:

Religion

Short term:

Long term:

Political

Short term:

Long term:


____________________________________________________

The HTML of the template I used:
Well, that's a start at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: