Tuesday, April 11, 2017

#AtoZchallenge Just getting blown away while eating a grilled cheese and licorice


How cool would it have been if there was an actual J holiday today?
Well, there's not. So you have to live with my word play... again.

It's NATIONAL BIG WIND DAY

Way back on April 12, 1934, the Mount Washington Observatory recorded winds at 231 miles per hour. This gust hasn't been topped yet, so it gets a holiday.


It's also NATIONAL GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH DAY

Oh sure, you can take ordinary sliced white bread, butter it inside and out, place a slice of American cheese you unwrapped from that plasic thing, and put it in a pan for a few minutes.
Or you can get creative!
I might suggest a simple upgrade, like better breads or cheeses. Or even adding some meat.
But it's J day in #AtoZchallenge world!
That means I'm going to suggest you add some jelly or jam.
Hear me out!
Fruit and cheese work together. It makes it a sweeter treat. It's certainly messier. I dare you to give this a try!

What's your favorite addition to a grilled cheese sandwich?

Have you ever played The Sims? There's a secret obsession in that game with Grilled Cheese! Or maybe not so secret...

And it's NATIONAL LICORICE DAY

Red, black, or other-- what's your flavor preference?
Twizzlers versus Red Vines -- where do you stand?


The Uniquely Maladjusted But Fun blog is in the #AtoZchallenge 2017 with an April Holiday theme

The holidays of April is my #AtoZchallenge Theme.


5 comments:

  1. Omg, I want to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say I love ham with grilled cheese but now that sounds dull! Fruit, eh? Well, I've heard of some people using tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing record for a gust of wind! Grilled cheese with raspberry jam is a favorite of mine. While I find most anything can work with cheese, I'll going to skip trying to add licorice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grilled cheese with tomato and fresh basil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love brie with a cranberry fruit sauce so I'm guessing grill cheese with jelly might work. Can you image wind at 231 miles per hour. Wow! WeekendsInMaine

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: