Friday, April 7, 2017

#AtoZChallenge Gee I wish you would draw me a bird today


You know I'm going to be pushing the alphabet boundries more and more as this month goes on, right?

Draw a Picture of a Bird Day


To celebrate today, I want you to draw me a picture of a bird that starts with the letter G!

#Atozchallenge draw a bird day
No, those seagulls are not by me.


This bird is by me.


Origin of "Draw a Picture of a Bird Day":
On April 1943, 7 year old Dorie Cooper visited her uncle in the hospital. He had been injured in WWII, having lost his leg to a land mine. She asked him to draw a picture of a bird. He did, and she teased him saying it wasn't a very good picture, but she would hang it in her room. This lifted his spirits. Three years later, Dorie was struck and killed by a car. At her funeral there were many bird pictures and drawings, prompting the creation of this day.
http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/April/picturebirdday.htm



The Uniquely Maladjusted But Fun blog is in the #AtoZchallenge 2017 with an April Holiday theme

The holidays of April is my #AtoZchallenge Theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: