Thursday, April 26, 2018

Letter X #AtoZchallenge Coffee Theme

#AtoZchallenge 2018


Welcome to letter X of my Coffee Themed blogging from A to Z challenge 2018 offering.



Tully's French Roast Dark EXtra Bold

Again with using a letter from somewhere in the name... Sorry, I know it's a bit of a stretch.

And, once again, I'm sharing a flavor that my pallet didn't like. It, to me, tasted like horribly burnt toast which soaked up some day old coffee, and then was put in a Kcup to be brewed. Adding creamer did not solve the issues.

How about if I talk about some other coffees? Okay.


#atozchallenge x Nitro brew coffee

Nitro cold brew coffee from Wegman's looks like a cup of Guinness. It's creamy and delicious, which I didn't expect since I'm normally not a fan of cold brew. I added a shot of Irish cream syrup to mine.


#atozchallenge x Cracker Barrel Goo Goo Cluster image

I went to the Cracker Barrel coffee tasting. I did not care for the Goo Goo Cluster. It had no sweetness. And I know what you're probably thinking, "Uhhh... it looks like sugar on sugar with some added sugar on a cloud of sugar with drizzled sugar...?" Yeah. It LOOKS like that. But, like unsweetened chocolate, it is deceptive. I'd forgive that if at least the coffee had a strong flavor, but no, it tasted like room temperature cream with a splash of coffee. 

#atozchallenge x Cracker Barrel Goo Goo Cluster drink

Looks pretty though, doesn't it?

#atozchallenge x Cracker Barrel caramel latte

So I told my server. I wasn't the first person on tasting day to experience this issue. She brought me a FREE caramel one instead. Ooohhh yes, this was the good stuff. My flavor profile was pleased. It would be better if the coffee was hotter, but that might just be me. 

#atozchallenge x mms

In another post earlier this month (Letter M #AtoZchallenge Coffee Theme #MadeWithM), I mentioned that I hadn't found the current coffee flavor to try. I've since resolved that issue. Crunchy Espresso M&M's taste, well, exactly like the peanut coffee ones, but without the peanut. It's not as strong as chocolate covered coffee beans (which I'm a big fan of), but it's a fun candy. I'd rather drink a cup of coffee, but that's me.


#atozchallenge x Coffee

My flavor profile is E or F. If I'm at D, it's because I don't like the coffee. If I'm all the way at C, I don't like the coffee at all and am only drinking it out of desperation for caffeine. If I'm at B, all the whipped cream has melted into my latte or something. As far as A, that means I've time traveled back to when I was seven years old and my Aunt Fluffy would allow me milk with a taste of coffee. 


#atozchallenge x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: