Wednesday, April 6, 2022

#AtoZChallenge ER

#AtoZChallenge 2022 Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter


ER _ 1994–2009

Dr. Doug Ross (George Clooney) comes back from Seattle. He jokes the hospital there "already has all the drama needed, what with the bomb, gunman, plane crash, fires, and train derailment." He says he's headed somewhere quieter... space. He asks Dr. John Carter (Noah Wyle) to consider joining him in training.

"Nah. I'd probably encounter aliens and deal with some crazy apocalypse." Carter says as he shakes Doug's hand.

An angry, over-caffeinated, trucker plows into a taco truck, ramming the food truck into the diner. The ER staff is advised against crossing the street for insurance reasons. They break the rules when two of their own are discovered to be in the rubble. The drama is on as Dr. Neela Rasgotra, who went to get tacos, and Nurse Haleh, who was getting coffee from the diner, fight for their lives. 

"Haleh, are you okay?"
"Obviously not. My coffee is gone, there's a booth wrapped around my arm, and I could swear you're Doug Ross."
"Yeah, it's me."
"Am I in Seattle? Where's Carol? Did I get knocked into the previous decade?" 

 
uniquely maladjusted but fun .blogspot #AtoZChallenge 2022
Follow JamieWriter7 on Pinterest Facebook Stash

3 comments:

  1. I used to love ER. That ep would so have worked. My fav was always Noah Wyle and I really liked him as the Librarian too.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings: YouTube - What They Don't Tell You (and free fiction)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so neat. How impressive that you can do this. Thanks for sharing.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2022/04/blogging-from-to-z-2022-energy.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to watch ER all the time. Coincided with me moving to Chicago.
    I forgot that Noah Wylie's character was John Carter. He would end up on Mars with a name like that!
    --
    Tim Brannan
    The Other Side | The A of Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: