Saturday, March 6, 2021

Blink

A friend of mine is doing this 31 questions in March blogging writing challenge (https://marquessamatthews.com/2021/02/10/want-to-join-me-for-a-writing-challenge-alexandrafranzen/). I don't know if I'll manage to do the whole month. 


March 6 – What are you freakishly good at?

I have a useless skill. If we're watching something and I hit pause, the person on the screen is almost always in mid-blink. It's not on purpose. It's not something I'm trying to do. But it keeps happening. 


I'm also pretty good at reading someone's writing and then being able to "copy their voice." Which is how I got into ghosting. 👻 There are exceptions (🇨🇦 Andrew). This skill can be useful, especially in school if someone is willing to pay you to write essays that sound enough like they wrote them to go unnoticed, but are actually good enough for a B. (See, an A would raise suspicion.) It's mostly about noticing what tone they use, which synonyms they prefer, small bits of local dialect, what order they'll describe a new room full of people...  I'm far better at this in writing than I am in actual life. If you believe that different people learn best in different ways, it'll make perfect sense to you. (I learn best from reading. If I have to watch a video, I'll take notes so I can read them.) 


Shout-out to Jayden and Richard. They've probably prescheduled the month. But Hiiii! 

1 comment:

  1. We didn't pre-schedule the whole month because *someone* hasn't answered all the questions yet.

    The blinking thing is a cool skill.

    I don't know that I've ever tried to copy someone's voice in writing, but I'm very good at it in speech patterns. If you pay close attention, you'll notice it when I spend a lot of time with someone.
    -Jayden

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: