Friday, March 12, 2021

Unplug

A friend of mine is doing this 31 questions in March blogging writing challenge (https://marquessamatthews.com/2021/02/10/want-to-join-me-for-a-writing-challenge-alexandrafranzen/). I don't know if I'll manage to do the whole month. 


March 12 – Have you ever unplugged from the Internet for more than a week?

I mean... not to point out my age... but I didn't even the Internet until I was in college. I had a friend who had AOL at home in ninth grade, but omg she had an addiction problem. And dial-up was billed by the minute. (The younger people reading that sentence are gonna need a translator. Ha ha ha.) 


Jamie Ebay from 2004


Here is the oldest saved email I could find. It's from 2004.
(I had older ones saved, but the folders are empty??? I guess even paid email services can delete saved emails after 17 years.)

ANYWAY. Could I live without going online for a week? Sure. 
But hasn't Covid isolated me enough from the world? 
I already talk to inanimate objects. You wanna take away my Facebook and Twitter too? Not unless you're gonna give me humans! Or cats. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess there might have been a few years of my life before I had internet. But yes, no unplugging now. I'd miss you! <3

    Jayden

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: