Sunday, March 21, 2021

Uniquely Maladjusted and Not Funny

@PenMinion Twitter Sorry email

Yup, I'm still suspended. 

The number of Jeff Dunham specials I've watched over the years... the number of times I've laughed at his jokes... 

The number of times I've fought self-critical voices in my head...

The voices know right where to hit. 

"Oh, you'd like to travel to X? Think your lungs would hold up? Think your back and legs won't give out? What about climate control? Food allergies? You really think it's safe to go anywhere and do anything?"

In the last year, I have barely left my apartment. I had to start taking extra vitamins because the total lack of sun exposure impacted my health. I don't see people. I have taken to referring to my husband as "my only human." 

And I meow. A lot. A very abnormal amount. I meow at the coffee cup. I hiss at the kitchen drawer when it sticks. Sometimes I just sit here and randomly meow to myself just to make a sound. Sometimes I watch too much tv just so I can hear the sound of people talking. 

The self-critical voices are very loud. And to even suggest that I could kill them is ridiculous. I have lost that power. They win more often than not. 

But I get on Twitter and use ResistBot to reach out to my elected officials. I fight for causes. I tweet to people. I follow friends. 

Or I did.

Now I don't. Because I'm suspended. For threatening to kill the self-critical voices in my head, a threat made with a Jeff Dunham puppet joke. 

Guess it isn't funny to threaten those self-critical voices. They are protected by Twitter's Terms of Service. I should have known better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a unique or fun message here: