Saturday, April 3, 2021

C is for Curio Cabinet Contents, a Convertable, and a Cup of Tea #atozchallenge, #ShortStory

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter C


My theme for 2021 is a Young Adult short story. A double-date in the 1990s. An established teen couple sets up their best friends with each other, but it doesn't go well.


Today's word count is approximately: 333 words


C is for Curio Cabinet Contents, a Convertable, and a Cup of Tea

Madelyn hands Yohann his drink. 

"Thanks. Are these James Dean figurines?" Yohann motions to the curio cabinet.

"Yeah. My dad collects them. They're not mine or anything." Madelyn moves her cup to her lips, but chews on the rim instead of taking a drink.

"Oh. I think they're cool." Yohann rubs his forehead. 

"Madelyn, where's your mom?" I hope the question reminds her of the task at hand. She's not allowed to go until her mom meets Yohann. She sends me eye daggers before muttering that she'll go find her. 

I hand Lance his drink. He says he's really not thirsty, but he drinks it anyway. 

"So, Yohann… what do you think of Madelyn?"

He covers his face with his hand. "I'm completely messing up, aren't I? Great connections with her dad. But we left her alone inside while I talked to her dad. Then the first thing I say to her turns out to be about another of her dad's interests. Did he make this tea, too? Because it's freaking delicious." 

"He probably doesn't need permission to leave the house. I say we toss him in the car and bust out of here." I playfully smack Lance for his remark. He catches my hand and kisses it. 

"Why aren't you sitting?" he asks as he tugs me closer. "If you're going to tell me I wasn't allowed on the furniture, I swear by Michael Jordan I will tickle attack you." 

I pull his hand to my lips. "No. You're fine. I just don't want it to look like we might stay. The objective is to get back to the car."

Lance leaps to his feet. He chugs his tea. "Yohann, down the liquid. We gotta be ready to bounce." 

Yohann presents his empty cup. 

"Ice and all, huh?" I ask as I take it. 

"Was I supposed to leave the ice?" 

Seriously, we need to get out of here. 





Thank you for reading! 
If you're on mobile and can't see my sidebar:
My Twitter would be @PenMinion - but I'm suspended right now. I used a quote from a comedian to threaten my self-critical inner voices. I didn't know that voices in my head were protected by Twitter's TOS. But they are. And even though the comedian has a Twitter account, and the quoted joke is available as a gif on Twitter, it was still a violation of the TOS. Feel free to scroll this blog to learn more. I have several posts about it. In the meantime, never threaten inner voices of self-doubt, because you can be kicked off of social media for such an action. 


Get Stash, an app that makes investing easy. If you sign up with my link and add cash, we both get $20 of bonus stock. https://get.stash.com/jamieejv28

Jamie.Writer on Instagram


Please let me know who you are on the Master List if you're doing a to z-- I'd like to visit you too!
Have a puuuurfect day. 🐈

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Even if her and Yohann hit it off, this is going to be a high maintenance relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yohann seems adorable! Have to go back to start at the beginning. Good luck with your A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I already feel myself getting up and pacing in nervousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I wish I was doing a short story and not a novel and that's without the extras- your lengths seem so much more manageable - am enjoying it as it unfolds...
    Thanks for visiting and a good question - which religious group would not claim that their sacred texts absolutely had to be taken to the stars...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued! I want to know what has them in such a hurry to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plot thickens. I wonder what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allsupremepowersolutionhome@gmail.com +1 (424) 361‑7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my boyfriend left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my bf who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details.           Contact him on WhatsApp @ ‪+1 (424) 361‑7554  https://www.facebook.com/groups/278113830219218          https://www.facebook.com/allsupremepowersolutionhome/‪‬

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allsupremepowersolutionhome@gmail.com +1 (424) 361‑7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my boyfriend left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my bf who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details.           Contact him on WhatsApp @ ‪+1 (424) 361‑7554  https://www.facebook.com/groups/278113830219218          https://www.facebook.com/allsupremepowersolutionhome/‪‬

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Was I supposed to leave the ice?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh boy! Can't wait to see what happens when they get out of there.

    Stopping by from A to Z!
    - Jayden Vincente
    Erotic fiction author
    https://jrvincente.com/a-to-z-2021/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: