Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Limits Exist for a Reason #atozchallenge, #ShortStory

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter E


My theme for 2021 is a Young Adult short story. A double-date in the 1990s. An established teen couple sets up their best friends with each other, but it doesn't go well.


Today's word count is approximately: 206 words

E is for Limits Exist for a Reason

Madelyn's mom turns her head so slowly toward Lance that I swear I hear her neck creak like a door in need of hinge lubricant. 

"We haven't actually met. I've seen you pawing my daughter's friend from a distance a few times. And I recognize your white Chevy Lumina in front of my house. But no, we haven't met. Lance, was it?"

The ice in my cup is about a hundred degrees warmer than Madelyn's mom.

"Yup." Lance doesn't bother to extend his hand toward her. Instead, he puts it on my shoulder. 

"When did you get your driver's license?" 

"Thirteen months ago." Technically it's been twelve and a half, but he's smart to round up.

"No accidents? No tickets?"

"My nose is clean."

Madelyn's mom steps closer to us. "And will you speed when my daughter is in the car?"

Yes, probably. But I know he won't say that.

"Limits exist for a reason. And the seatbelts in my car all work, in case that's your next question."

"Not that you'll need them, right? Because you won't be speeding or getting into any accidents."

There is absolutely no air in this room. Just frost and bad perfume.






Thank you for reading! 
If you're on mobile and can't see my sidebar:
My Twitter would be @PenMinion - but I'm suspended right now. I used a quote from a comedian to threaten my self-critical inner voices. I didn't know that voices in my head were protected by Twitter's TOS. But they are. And even though the comedian has a Twitter account, and the quoted joke is available as a gif on Twitter, it was still a violation of the TOS. Feel free to scroll this blog to learn more. I have several posts about it. In the meantime, never threaten inner voices of self-doubt, because you can be kicked off of social media for such an action. 


Get Stash, an app that makes investing easy. If you sign up with my link and add cash, we both get $20 of bonus stock. https://get.stash.com/jamieejv28

Jamie.Writer on Instagram


Please let me know who you are on the Master List if you're doing a to z-- I'd like to visit you too!
Have a puuuurfect day. 🐈

4 comments:

  1. Allsupremepowersolutionhome@gmail.com +1 (424) 361‑7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my boyfriend left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my bf who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details.           Contact him on WhatsApp @ ‪+1 (424) 361‑7554  https://www.facebook.com/groups/278113830219218          https://www.facebook.com/allsupremepowersolutionhome/‪‬

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least my parents are warm to guests in their house. Even if they're a little weird. Thankful for my blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best Way to Get Your Ex Lover Back Fast Even If Your Situation Seems Hopeless!. I just got my husband back through the help of genuine love spell caster PRIEST OSAS.

    Hello respective viewers, I'm lawrence foreign  from Alabama, USA. My husband left me for another woman after 13 years of marriage. The most painful thing is that I was pregnant with our second child. I wanted him back. I did everything within my power to bring him back home, but all was in vain, I wanted him back so badly because of the love I had for him and also for the sake of our child and unborn baby. I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to a very close friend of mine and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a love spell to bring him back, i have never done this before because I don't believe in things like this, but I had no choice than to give it a try. I took out time to search more about spell casters then I came across an article where a lot of people talked about this particular spell caster called PRIEST OSAS who has helped a lot of them save their broken marriages and relationships. I was so amazed with the good reviews I saw about him so I got the courage to place a contact through to him. I messaged PRIEST OSAS, and told him my whole situation and he assured me there was no problem and that everything was gonna be okay before 48 hours. He casted the spell and surprisingly 48 hours later my husband called me. I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that had happened. He said he was on his way home and he wanted me to accept him back home. He said he loved and missed me so much. I was so happy, surprisingly a few mins later he arrived and we were both happy and started to live together again. That was how we started living together happily again. Thanks to PRIEST OSAS . if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact PRIEST OSAS for help now.. Here is his contact.. Email him @ Unsurpassed.solution@gmail.com Or add him up on Whatsapp @ +2348151243832 https://www.facebook.com/unsurpassed.solution

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof. Cold!

    Stopping by from A to Z!
    - Jayden Vincente
    Erotic fiction author
    https://jrvincente.com/a-to-z-2021/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: