Thursday, April 22, 2021

S is for Shampoo #atozchallenge #ShortStory

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter S


My theme for 2021 is a Young Adult short story. A double-date in the 1990s. An established teen couple sets up their best friends with each other, but it doesn't go well.


Today's word count is approximately: 340 words

S is for  Shampoo

There's a familiar cackle from behind me. "Oh. My. God. What are they even, like, doing here?"

"Yeah, seriously. It's like this store will totally let anyone in."

I tap my forehead against Lance's chest, wanting to bash my brains out. The same way I generally feel when around these two.

"Yeah, it's like it's a public place or something. Which explains why they allow you two whores in here," I keep my arms around Lance, but turn my head just enough to look them in the eye as I fling the insult.

"What did you call us?"

"My bad. Virgins can't be whores. Trolls would be more accurate."

Jaws drop open. Madelyn grabs my shoulder. "Don't antagonize them!" 

"Screw that. This isn't school. Some teacher isn't going to come around the corner and suspend me. This is the actual world. I'll say whatever I please to the ugly trolls."

"How dare you speak to us that way!"

"How dare you speak to us at all!"

"Shut up. We're on dates. See, when you're not a troll, you can actually get a date." I'm sure Madelyn is right and that I'll pay for this in school later. But that's a future problem. 

"Babe, who are these two?"

"Troll bitches from school. They thrive on getting people in trouble with teachers and whatnot. Not worth the space they take up."

"At least my dates don't take me to Phar-mor."

I let go of Lance and grab my shampoo bottle off the shelf. "I didn't have my shampoo at his place. I was getting a bottle before we rent movies and get take-out. I plan to get laid tonight. What's your big plan?"

The bitches look to Lance. I glance up. He's smiling. 

"You aren't sleeping with her."

Lance wraps his arms around me. "Hell yeah, I am." He grabs my ass as he leans closer. I kiss him with passionate fire. I'd rip his clothing off and do him right here in the seasonal and clearance aisle of Phar-mor. 






Thank you for reading! 
If you're on mobile and can't see my sidebar:
My Twitter would be @PenMinion - but I'm suspended right now. I used a quote from a comedian to threaten my self-critical inner voices. I didn't know that voices in my head were protected by Twitter's TOS. But they are. And even though the comedian has a Twitter account, and the quoted joke is available as a gif on Twitter, it was still a violation of the TOS. (And possibly racist?) Feel free to scroll this blog to learn more. I have several posts about it. In the meantime, never threaten inner voices of self-doubt, because you can be kicked off of social media for such an action. 

💰
Get Stash, an app that makes investing easy. If you sign up with my link and add cash, we both get $20 of bonus stock. https://get.stash.com/jamieejv28 💵

Jamie.Writer on Instagram


Please let me know who you are on the Master List if you're doing a to z-- I'd like to visit you too!
Have a puuuurfect day. 🐈

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!

    Stopping by from A to Z!
    - Jayden Vincente
    Erotic fiction author
    https://jrvincente.com/a-to-z-2021/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: