Friday, April 23, 2021

T is for Trolls #atozchallenge #ShortStory

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter T


My theme for 2021 is a Young Adult short story. A double-date in the 1990s. An established teen couple sets up their best friends with each other, but it doesn't go well.


Today's word count is approximately: 245 words

T is for Trolls

They give up on antagonizing me and aim for Madelyn. "And what's your story?"

"She's with me," I hear Yohann say. 

Please, please, don't let this go bad. She can't take any more cannon fodder being fed to these two. If our principal wasn't blind, they'd have both been expelled by now. But, of course, the staff has been fooled.

"And you're what, having an orgy with those two?"

"Maybe you should be more concerned about your own love lives. I don't see any guys following you. Are there two mister trolls lingering somewhere around here?" Yohann asks with a laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Just because we don't bring guys to this dump mall doesn't mean we don't have dates."

Yohann laughs. "Yes, from the look of it, you're dating each other. For the best, since I don't think an actual guy would want any of that."

I hear Madelyn gasp. I pause kissing to chuckle.

"Clearly, guys from your school have no taste."

"I have excellent taste. Especially for sweets." I look over as Yohann pulls Madelyn closer. He runs his thumb across her lip. I see her shiver with anticipation a moment before he kisses her. 

My heart would swell with joy if I believed it meant even a tenth to him what it means to her. But the trolls don't know what I know. So they saunter off, probably to collect bridge tolls on someone else's happiness.






Thank you for reading! 
If you're on mobile and can't see my sidebar:
My Twitter would be @PenMinion - but I'm suspended right now. I used a quote from a comedian to threaten my self-critical inner voices. I didn't know that voices in my head were protected by Twitter's TOS. But they are. And even though the comedian has a Twitter account, and the quoted joke is available as a gif on Twitter, it was still a violation of the TOS. (And possibly racist?) Feel free to scroll this blog to learn more. I have several posts about it. In the meantime, never threaten inner voices of self-doubt, because you can be kicked off of social media for such an action. 

💰
Get Stash, an app that makes investing easy. If you sign up with my link and add cash, we both get $20 of bonus stock. https://get.stash.com/jamieejv28 💵

Jamie.Writer on Instagram


Please let me know who you are on the Master List if you're doing a to z-- I'd like to visit you too!
Have a puuuurfect day. 🐈

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I hope it works out for them!

    Stopping by from A to Z!
    - Jayden Vincente
    Erotic fiction author
    https://jrvincente.com/a-to-z-2021/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤔 Do you? Knowing he likes the MC?
      Well, it'll be interesting next week.

      Delete

Leave a unique or fun message here: