Saturday, April 24, 2021

U is for Underwear #atozchallenge #ShortStory

#AtoZChallenge 2021 April Blogging from A to Z Challenge letter U


My theme for 2021 is a Young Adult short story. A double-date in the 1990s. An established teen couple sets up their best friends with each other, but it doesn't go well.


Today's word count is approximately: 323 words

U is for Underwear

"Cotton candy?" Yohann asks when he breaks the kiss with Madelyn.

"Hmm?" 

He licks his lips. "The flavoring on your lips."

"Strawberry Lip Smackers," I answer, knowing which one Madelyn always wears. Yohann looks over at me.

I also know that she's wearing green satin underwear right now. I haven't seen them, she didn't tell me. But I know she thinks that wearing them makes her sexier, and that the color indicates she's horny, which she'd want to convey in case Yohann somehow encountered them. 

Because it isn't about him for her. It's about the experience. As if it's a video game and she just wants to win. I should have thought about that before suggesting Yohann. Lori was an evil witch, but at least she liked Yohann for Yohann. And he has been lonely since she left. 

Lance kisses my ear and whispers, "See? They're hitting it off. Everything is fine."

Oh, if only that were true. 

"Are you really going to keep shampoo at Mike's?" Lance asks, pointing to the bottle.

"No. I do need a bottle though. Why, do you think I should?"

He shrugs. "We're there enough. I have a drawer. You could keep it there."

"Next to your spare boxers and the condoms?" I nibble his lower lip. 

"We should get more of those, too." He winks.

"Do not bring condoms to my parents' house. They will freak."

Lance laughs. "Really? I was totally planning to have an orgy on your living room floor later. Darn."

I giggle. "Guess we can't get whipped cream, either."

Yohann wraps his arms around Madelyn's waist from behind. "So there's no protection at your house? What if your parents leave town?"

"They never go anywhere."

"Hmm, that's no fun. We're going to have to come up with ways to sneak you out."

Madelyn turns bright red as she grins. Yohann eyes me. 

"Let's just go get a video."






Thank you for reading! 
If you're on mobile and can't see my sidebar:
My Twitter would be @PenMinion - but I'm suspended right now. I used a quote from a comedian to threaten my self-critical inner voices. I didn't know that voices in my head were protected by Twitter's TOS. But they are. And even though the comedian has a Twitter account, and the quoted joke is available as a gif on Twitter, it was still a violation of the TOS. (And possibly racist?) Feel free to scroll this blog to learn more. I have several posts about it. In the meantime, never threaten inner voices of self-doubt, because you can be kicked off of social media for such an action. 

💰
Get Stash, an app that makes investing easy. If you sign up with my link and add cash, we both get $20 of bonus stock. https://get.stash.com/jamieejv28 💵

Jamie.Writer on Instagram


Please let me know who you are on the Master List if you're doing a to z-- I'd like to visit you too!
Have a puuuurfect day. 🐈

5 comments:

  1. Satin underwear is sure to work, but I'm not sure Yohann will even need that encouragement! I'm almost glad the parents are home or who knows what will happen!
    https://iainkellywriting.com/2021/04/24/the-state-trilogy-a-z-guide-u/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, so sure that Yohann would push it that far? What if this is a fleeting attempt to get her jealous? Then again, maybe he just a teen boy and even an apple pie would do (I hate that movie, no clue why I'd reference it).

      Delete
  2. Good healthy banter between couples at the parents house, hmm what’s next for these young lovers I wonder? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed the flirty banter between these characters. Things could get interesting and potentially messy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if he'll get to see the underwear!

    Stopping by from A to Z!
    - Jayden Vincente
    Erotic fiction author
    https://jrvincente.com/a-to-z-2021/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a unique or fun message here: